Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dunedon

Bypass Setup Screen?

Question

I just updated to the newest version of Spartan UI from curse.com.  It's now putting a setup window in the center of my screen, asking me to select the style.  

My problem is that if I select a style and proceed, it wipes out my custom Bartender 4 setup (4 menu bars in a G13 pattern setup to the left of the Spartan main UI) and I have to restore everything from backup.

There is also no way to just click that window closed (like there used to be).  Is there anything I can update in a file somewhere to not have that screen showing? I don't need to change anything, everything I have is working fine so I'd rather not go through the "setup" and have to rebuild my entire BT4 section.

Thanks for any help you can offer :)

5 answers to this question

Are you updated to 4.2.2? (This was a bug in 4.2.1) It should not be doing that, I will reset to by WTF backup once i am out of my dungeon and see if i can get it to happen again.

10 minutes ago, libidos said:

Are you updated to 4.2.2? (This was a bug in 4.2.1) It should not be doing that, I will reset to by WTF backup once i am out of my dungeon and see if i can get it to happen again.

Very sorry ... I updated via the curse updater ... I ASSUMED it was updating to the latest.  But then I just went back and looked and 4.2.2 was available (did it just, like in the last hour go live)?

I updated to 4.2.2 and everything is working perfectly fine again.  Thanks for the FANTASTIC UI, sorry to have brought up a non-issue that had already been resolved.

Close, about 2 hours. It should of gone up sooner but the curse packager got stuck and did not generate it for like 3 hours.

Edit: NP, you did make me notice my oh shit quick fix is making it not popup a little too much so i added in a skip button for pages that can be skipped and am trying to re-work the detection on if you have used SUI or not before.

23 hours ago, Dunedon said:

Very sorry ... I updated via the curse updater ... I ASSUMED it was updating to the latest.  But then I just went back and looked and 4.2.2 was available (did it just, like in the last hour go live)?

I updated to 4.2.2 and everything is working perfectly fine again.  Thanks for the FANTASTIC UI, sorry to have brought up a non-issue that had already been resolved.

Just another FYI ... just updated to Release 4.2.2-Release-4-gdd8d529 ... pressed SKIP on the first screen, and lost my BT4 custom bars again.

--- just checked, and it's updating the Bartender4 profile to "SUI - Classic" from the custom profile I had set previously, it can be fixed by just resetting my profile ... so it's not particularly catastrophic, just annoying :) (note, this happens on every login, and every screen reset ie: using your hearthstone).

5 hours ago, Dunedon said:

--- just checked, and it's updating the Bartender4 profile to "SUI - Classic" from the custom profile I had set previously, it can be fixed by just resetting my profile ... so it's not particularly catastrophic, just annoying :) (note, this happens on every login, and every screen reset ie: using your hearthstone).

Related to this bug